Welcome, everyone. With summer drawing to a close, here are the details you will need for your first day of band camp.
Monday 8/16, 3 PM – 9 PM
Tuesday 8/17, 3 PM – 9 PM
Wednesday 8/18, 3 PM – 9 PM
Thursday 8/19, 3 PM – 9 PM (Parent Meeting @ 8PM in Quad)
Friday 8/20, 3 PM – 9 PM (Football Game TBD)
Monday 8/23, 3 PM – 9 PM
Tuesday 8/24, 3 PM – 9 PM
Wednesday 8/25, 3 PM – 9 PM
Thursday 8/26, 3 PM – 9 PM
Friday 8/27, 3 PM – 9 PM
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
• Before leaving home students should fill out the daily symptom checklist. See this Link: ClearPass for Students for a “cheat sheet” that will allow your student to quickly sign up for ClearPass and access it every day. If you answer “yes” to any symptoms your student needs to stay home.
• Face masks must be worn at all times when indoors. Face masks can be removed outdoors.
• Please wear appropriate clothing. Marching band is an outdoor activity and is a PE course. Please wear loose-fitting shorts, shirts, socks, and athletic shoes. Jeans, long pants, and sandals are not appropriate. You may bring a sweatshirt for evening practice.
• Please bring a working pencil for all marks on your music.
• Fuel your body correctly. Marching band is physical first, musical second. Thus your body needs the correct foods in order to function. Avoid soda, sugary foods, processed foods etc. Fruit, veggies, grains, and lean proteins are necessary to perform your best not just in Marching Band but in school. Start this habit now! Feel free to eat a huge breakfast, lighter lunch, and bring a light dinner.
• Bring LOTS of water and wear sunscreen.
• The day is broken up into two parts: Music 3pm – 5pm then marching/conditioning 6pm – 9pm. Dinner is from 5pm – 6pm. I prefer you stay on campus so plan accordingly.
• Please come prepared with your working instrument if you have them, reeds etc.
• Please make sure you are on time (AKA 15 minutes early).
Let me know if you have any questions. Look forward to seeing everyone and making this another great year.
NEW TO MARCHING BAND? Check out our Survival Guide
Parents! Stay in the know by joining our remind group: https://www.remind.com/join/mbsr2021