This is it! The final performance for 2019. The SRHS Falcon Corps and Color Guard will be taking the field at CSBC Championships Division Finals at 1:00 PM, Saturday, November 23rd at Huntington Beach High School.
If we score high enough in Division Finals for 4A, 5A & 6A, we will participate later that evening in the State Finals! It will be a long and exciting day! See this website for more information about
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Volunteer to Help or Bring Something – For those interested in volunteering, we need you to officially sign up using the the link below! We have limited volunteer spots. Be aware that if our Marching Band scores high enough at Division Finals we may advance to State Finals scheduled for later that same day. Please only volunteer for Division Finals if you are able to stay and help all day. SIGN UP to volunteer!
Cheering section – Even if you can’t volunteer, come support your SRHS Marching Band! Parking and directions are below. We encourage parents to carpool to tournaments. We have a lot of fun cheering on our fantastic band! ALL welcome.
Food – We plan to set up camp at Worthy Park after their performance and feed the students ramen, chips, soda, water
Click HERE to check out Division Finals merchandise available
Saturday, November 23
CSBC Championships – Division Finals & State Finals
Huntington Beach High School
Address: 1905 Main Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Call Time: 6:00 AM SHARP
Buses Depart: 7:00 AM
Division Finals Performance: 1:00 PM
Division Finals Awards: 4:30 PM
State Finals Performance (MAYBE): About 7:00 PM
State Finals Awards (MAYBE): About 10:00 PM
Return to SRHS: TBD. Make sure you are signed up for Remind to stay updated.
General admission: $20.00
Students & Seniors with ID: $15.00
5 and Under: Free
You will need to purchase tickets at the entrance booth there OR purchase ahead of time with an added fee HERE online. Choose the Huntington Beach location
Due to the size of this tournament, and the number of participants, the school lots must be used for school buses and trucks only. Cars, SUVs, etc. will not be allowed in the school lot. Spectator/Car Parking will be in one of several areas off-site. Here are some suggestions:
- Civic Center parking at Main and Yorktown. This is across the street from the stadium’s main entrance, but some distance from the band’s buses. This is most convenient for spectators. Pedestrians cross Main St. at the corner. DO NOT PARK in spots with restrictions (closest to Police Station and Main Street) – you will get ticketed! This lot is marked red on the map.
- There is a lot of parking available on the streets in the neighborhood adjacent to the school, particularly to the East. Expect 5 minutes of walking, but an easy exit.
- DO NOT park at Seacliff Shopping Center across from the stadium. They may tow your vehicle. Please avoid this lot. This lot is marked red on the map.
- Handicapped Parking is available near the stadium. Cars will enter off of Main Street at the Truck entrance. Spaces are limited.
Click HERE for the parking and event map
Per the director’s packet, here are the guidelines for advancement into Championship State Finals:
- There will be two Finals sites, site #1 Divisions 1A/2A/3A and site #2 Divisions 4A/5A/6A. The first place band from each division at division finals will be accepted for finals. Additionally, the next 7 highest scores regardless of division will be advanced to Finals at each Finals site. (10 Ensembles total in Finals at each site)
- At Finals all groups will perform in one division and be placed 1st through 10th.
- Performance order for finals will be decided by random draw. Division winners will draw for performance order in the last 5 performance times of the evening and the next highest 5 scores will draw for the first 5 performance times. The drawing will be done by the judging crew in the press box at the location of
f i nals. Performance times will immediately be published to the CSBC website and directors need not be present at the drawing.