Welcome everyone. With summer drawing to a close, here are the details you will need for your first day of band camp.
Monday 8/12, 3PM – 9PM
Tuesday 8/13, 3PM – 9PM
Wednesday 8/14, 3PM – 9PM (Parent Meeting @ 7:30PM)
Thursday 8/15, 3PM – 9PM
Friday 8/16, 3PM – 9PM
Optional- Saturday, August 17th: Fun activities are being planned for students by the students, and separately, for parents by the parents- (Click here for more details/ RSVP for the Parent Potluck)
Monday 8/19, 3PM – 9PM
Tuesday 8/20, 3PM – 9PM
Wednesday 8/21, 3PM – 9PM
Thursday 8/22, 3PM – 9PM
Friday 8/23, Call time 4PM (Home Football Game vs Serra) NO Band Camp
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
• Please wear appropriate clothing. Marching band is an outdoor activity and is a PE course. Please wear loose fitting shorts, shirts and athletic shoes and socks. Jeans, long pants, and sandals are not appropriate. You may bring a sweatshirt for evening practice.
• Please bring a working pencil for all marks on your music. Also a three ring binder and page protectors for your music.
• Students will need a flipbook or spiral-bound index cards, 4 x 6 with a long shoelace (For drill steps – hung around neck during practice) Click here for an example
• Fuel your body correctly. Marching band is physical first, musical second. Thus your body needs the correct foods in order to function. Avoid soda, sugary foods, processed foods etc. Fruit, veggies, grains and lean proteins are necessary to perform your best not just in Marching Band but in school. Start this habit now! Feel free to eat a huge breakfast, lighter lunch and bring a light dinner.
• Bring LOTS of water and wear sunscreen.
• The day is broken up into two parts: Music 3pm – 5pm then marching/conditioning 6pm – 9pm. Dinner is from 5pm – 6pm. I prefer you stay on campus so plan accordingly.
• Please come prepared with your working instrument if you have them, reeds etc.
• Please make sure you are on time (AKA 15 minutes early).
• You should have the music from our mini- camp and if you haven’t start memorizing the music ASAP!
Let me know if you have any questions. Look forward to seeing everyone and making this another great year.
NEW TO MARCHING BAND? Check out our Survival Guide