Home: A Holiday Concert
Wednesday, December 16th – Band and Choir
Thursday, December 17th – Orchestra
UPDATE: HALF OF THE TICKETS FOR EACH CONCERT HAVE ALREADY BEEN SOLD
Doors Open @ 6:00pm
Concert Begins @ 6:30pm
SRHS Performing Arts Center
With Special Guests:
Alec Candib, Conductor (Wednesday)
Edy Kim, Conductor (Thursday)
Carrie Samsen, Dore Ha, Metta Nicholson, Violin
Pre Concert Lecture @ 6:00pm
Tickets: $7 advance or $10 at the door
Tickets available at the Finance Office
For more information, visit our website: http://www.srhsmusic.com
High School Honor Concert
High School Instrumental Honor Concert
Sunday, March 13th @ 3:00 PM at Jacobs Music Center’s Copley Symphony Hall
High School Band
- Bass Clarinet
- Alto Saxophone
- Tenor Saxophone
- Baritone Saxophone
- French Horn
- Trombone/Baritone BC
- Baritone TC
*all percussion must audition on snare drum, mallets and timpani
Scales for auditions:
- Bass Clarinet
- Saxophones (Alto, Tenor and Baritone)
- French Horn
High School Orchestra
10.17.2015 – West Valley HS Tournament
- 1st Place 4A Color Guard
- 2nd Place 4A Band
- Overall Tournament Auxillary
- Score: 76.3 – View Scores
10.24.2015 – Scripps Ranch HS Tournament
- Score: 80.45 – View Scores
11.7.2015 – San Clemente HS Tournament
- Score: 83.3 – View Scores
11.14.2015 – CSBC Semi Finals
- Score: 82.5 – 6th Place View Scores
11.21.2015 – CSBC Finals
- Score: 79.45 – 6th Place View Scores
Help support the SRHS Music program by participating in our Annual See’s Candies Fundraising Program
The Fundraiser will run through December 11th with all orders needing to be in by December 15th to provide enough time for delivery before the holiday break.
Click Here to Download/Print the order form
Please make all checks out to SRHSMB
12/2: Full Orchestra 230-4
12/3: Orchestra Winds/Percussion Only 230-4
12/4: Orchestra Winds/Percussion Only 230-4
12/7: Full Band Dress Rehearsal 230-4
12/8: Full Orchestra Dress 230-4
12/9: Full Band dress 230-4
12/10: Full Orchestra dress 230-4
12/11: No rehearsal or Marching Band
12/14: Band Dress Rehearsal 230-5
12/15: Orchestra Dress Rehearsal 230-5
12/16: Band/Choir Concert 530 Call Concert 630
12/17: Orchestra Concert 530 Call Concert 630
Concert Tickets are $7 presale and $10 at door. Will be on sale next week. We have sold out in the past so make sure to buy your tickets in advance.
Fundraising Coupon books will be on SALE at the concerts. $20 each and they are amazing
Scripps Ranch Falcon Corps and Color Guard
Today was a good day! We placed 6th in the 4A Division competition, We WON the Viewer’s Choice Award and our Co-Drum Major WON the Most Outstanding Soloist Award. Although we did not get to extend our season, there is nothing to hang our head in shame about. The band, color guard, section leaders, drum majors, coaches, director have all worked hard and together this season, that they were able to take the music program to uncharted regions, State Championships! Great Job!
As the Marching Band tournament season winds down, the Boosters would like to thank everyone involved that made this happen. It is truly amazing to see the transformation from where we were 4 months ago when this journey began to where we ended up today.
So in keeping with the Thanksgiving spirit, we would like to start by thanking the
- FRESHMAN class. You were all asked to do something new and you all stepped it up and crushed it. Thank You!
- SOPHMORE class. You all were seasoned veterans and came back from last year and put in the work and it showed. Thank You!
- JUNIOR class. You guys are the gel that keeps the band in sync, with 2 years under your belts, you’ve become mentors, teachers and leaders. Thank You!
- SENIOR class. Your example of leadership, dedication and commitment to the band and color guard year after year has been infectious and has spread through the entire program. All of your hard work and “never quit” attitude has taken this program to its highest level EVER! Thank You!
- COACHES. Thank you for taking the time to teach our kids that they can achieve their goals through hard work and by believing in themselves. Thank you for your patience and direction!
- SHEDD. As always, THANK YOU!! for the tireless hours that you put in to help our kids be the best that they can be. Thank you for your dedication and commitment to YOUR kids and OURS.
- PARENTS. Thank you for EVERYTHING you do to keep this program going. Thank you for your endless support, when asked you all were there to help and when were in need, you were there to provide. THANK YOU and thank you for having such AWESOME kids!!
Again, CONGRATULATIONS to everyone on SRHS Music’s MOST SUCCESSFUL season EVER!
Huntington Beach High School
1905 Main St
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
[ MAP ]
Saturday, November 21, 2015
Performance Day Schedule
Load Equipment: Friday Night
Travel via Bus from SRHS to HBHS: 6:30am
Suit Up: 9:30am
Performance Time: 11:00am
Travel via Bus from HBHS to SRHS: 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Unload Equipment: 4:00pm
* All times listed above are still tentative, please check back to see the most recent schedule.
Online Ticket Sales – Buy your tickets now!
Adults $20.00 + $2.00 Processing Fee
Student $10.00 + 1.50 Processing Fee
* Prices may vary at the door
Schedule of Performances:
We could always use more help please consider helping. Click Volunteer Now to fill out the online form.
For those volunteering during the tournament, please arrive by 9:15am to assist.
Things to bring:
- Money for concessions/Dinner
- Food of any kind
- Change of clothes for the ride home
- BLACK SOCKS!!!!!!! No black socks no marching
- Permission slip
NO PROBLEM! After calling around to various motorcoach companies, we are able to secure transportation for up to 50 people at a cost of $25/per person.
Our Marching Band and Color Guard have worked extremely hard this year and have deserve to have a strong showing of supporters at the very last tournament of the year. If you have only been to a few tournaments or have never been to one, I highly recommend that you go to this one. The band has not made Championships in over 8 years which makes this tournament even more special and the competition will be at its highest level.
If you are interested in joining us on the bus, please email email@example.com and indicate how many people will be riding with us.
In order to secure the bus, we will need a commitment of 40 people, so please think about joining the SRHS Marching Band Family and Friends Bus. Please email us as soon as possible and no later than 4:00pm tomorrow so that we can secure the transportation.
Again, whether we secure a bus or not, we would like to have a large presence of SRHS Supporters, so please consider coming out and cheering on Scripps! Go Falcons!