With summer drawing to a close, here are the details you will need for your first day of band camp.
Band Camp Dates
Monday 8/13, 1PM – 9PM
Tuesday 8/14, 1PM – 9PM
Wednesday 8/15, 1PM – 9PM
Thursday 8/16, 1PM – 9PM (Parent Meeting @ 7PM – TENTATIVE)
Friday 8/17, 1PM – 9PM
Optional- Saturday, August 18th: Fun activities are being planned for students by the students, and separately, for parents by the parents (Click here for more details/ RSVP for the Parent Potluck)
Monday 8/20, 1PM – 9PM
Tuesday 8/21, 1PM – 9PM
Wednesday 8/22, 1PM – 6PM (Early Release for San Diego Symphony Bayside Concert)
Thursday 8/23, 1PM – 9PM
Friday 8/24, 1PM – 9PM (First Football Game vs Del Norte: 1pm – 4pm music, 4pm – 5pm dinner, Game 5:30pm – 9pm)
- Please wear appropriate clothing. Marching band is an outdoor activity and is a PE course. Please wear loose fitting shorts, shirts and athletic shoes and socks. Jeans, long pants, and sandals are not appropriate. You may bring a sweatshirt for evening practice.
- Fuel your body correctly. Marching band is physical first, musical second. Thus your body needs the correct foods in order to function. Avoid soda, sugary foods, processed foods etc. Fruit, veggies, grains and lean proteins are necessary to perform your best not just in Marching Band but in school. Start this habit now! Feel free to eat a huge breakfast, lighter lunch and bring a light dinner.
- Bring LOTS of water and wear sunscreen.
- The day is broken up into two parts: Music 1pm – 5pm then marching/conditioning 6pm – 9pm. Dinner is from 5pm – 6pm
- Please come prepared with your working instrument if you have them, reeds etc.
- Please make sure you are on time.
- Start playing now. Get reacquainted with your instrument before band camp.
- Think about alternative instruments you may want to play. We need to have a balanced group to sound good. 30 flutes and a trumpet is not good for anyone (no offense to flute players). I will set instrumentation the first day so that we have drill ASAP. (Trombones, tubas, trumpets, etc.)
For more information about Marching Band – please read our Marching Band Survival Guide.
Let me know if you have any questions. Look forward to seeing everyone and making this another great year.